The Hot Mommas Project is an award-winning leadership project increasing confidence of women and girls through exposure to role models. Our founder teaches the nationally award winning Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership at the George Washington University School of Business, Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence. The deadline for publishing is March 22, midnight EST. The next round is 2015. If you are a nominee and want further resources, please click HERE for more.
You don’t have to be a momma to be a “Hot Momma” (dynamic woman):
All women over 18 may share their story.
Social media and students inspired our name, but all women love what we do.
….Chelsea is a college student battling lupus.
….Mercedes is an exchange student with a small rural town in her rear view, and a masters degree in her future.
…Brenda is a CEO who was told “you can’t.”
…Jennifer was told “You can,” but – right now – is wondering if she really can.
What is your story?
The Hot Mommas Project is the world’s largest women’s case study library where everyday-extraordinary women – hundreds, in fact – speak from the power of their experience to teach each others and the next generation. They speak to our daughters. They speak to each other. They speak to you and me. They are heard.
Each year, top cases are published in a Prentice Hall textbook and used by educators around the world.
If you are reading this post, and you have been nominated for our current competition through March 22, midnight ET, 2013, please see the nomination notice below. If you want to nominate someone (self included), click here.
Please continue reading to become a part of educational history for women and girls.
If you have mentored, or ever considered mentoring. If you have written, or ever considered writing, this project is a place where you can make a difference in the lives of young women.
The Hot Mommas Project is now the largest collection of teachable role models in the world. Personal, professional, childhood inspiration, successes, challenges. Make your lessons known and voice heard. A young woman or peer, somewhere in the world, will benefit from your story. See our slideshow here.
“I said “Somebody should do something about that.” Then I realized I am somebody.”
— Lily Tomlin
OFFICIAL NOMINATION NOTICE
Congratulations on your nomination as a role model for girls and women. Thank you, in advance, for your interest in the Hot Mommas Project. This is your official nomination notice. As a Nominee you are authorized to go to www.HotMommasProject.org and write a case study about your personal and professional experiences. Please find more on the project, below. Now is the time to be bold, share your story, help others, and impact the lives of young women:
1. Log on at www.HotMommasProject.org so you receive alerts, writer resources, and key dates.
2. Write your 1000-1500 word case study using our case study wizard. We project 1.5 hour to 3 hours depending on your writing speed. There are many case writer resources to help guide you (scroll down). Many describe the writing process as fun and eye-opening.
3. Click “publish” by Friday, March 22, 2013, 12 midnight, U.S. Eastern Time. You’ll become part of our free online library available to women, girls, and educators. Winners are published in a major Prentice Hall Textbook. ALL participants are helping women/girls through virtual mentoring.
Need help? Sign up for virtual coaching HERE.
Quotes from Case Authors
“I wrote the case to help other women and girls, but the process wound up changing my life. I just don’t take the time to stop, think about what I’ve learned, and communicate those lessons. I’m always going. The process was much more than I expected.”
“I have learned a great deal in my career, and still have many goals for myself in the future. I liked taking the time to stop, and take part in this revolutionary learning community for women and girls. I’ve always wanted to go speak at a school, or take on a mentee, but just find I’m so busy. The Hot Mommas Project allows me an opportunity to share my story once, and have the story told over and over again.”
Requirements: Cases are judged by adherence to the sections of the case tutorial you’ll see when writing your case after logging on at www.HotMommasProject.org. See Judging Score Sheet for more.
Hot Mommas Project Community Code: The Hot Mommas Project embraces diversity and celebrates differences. We speak from our own experience in sharing our stories.
In addition, cases must adhere to our community code and should be appropriate for a classroom environment.
- No = Cases must NOT be promotional pieces for your company or literature cut-and-pastes. Cases that espouse preachy political/ moral views risk being pulled down.
- Yes = The cases should represent your personal and professional lessons, motivations, successes, and challenges thought about in terms of a professional/academic and personal category (e.g., marketing, finance, work life balance, health, etc.).
Congratulations, again. The team and I are here for any of your questions or additional information needs. You will find a variety of case writer resources on the “case competition” section of www.HotMommasProject.org and the links below.
Kathy Korman Frey
Founder, The Hot Mommas Project
Entrepreneur in Residence, The George Washington University School of Business
I’m interested in helping girls and women! Where should I start?
- Browse sample cases (aka “stories”)
- So I’ve been nominated, now what for coaching calls and links
- Click and see sidebar for more resources
Publish by Feb 10 for entry into early bird prize pool #1 (midnight EST) and February 24 for early bird prize pool #2 (midnight EST).
Once again – remember. Help is here! Recorded Virtual coaching will be emailed to the sign up list.