RuPaul said it best: Work It Girl
Are you working it? Or maybe pre-working it. Or not working it at all?
This is about deciding on your role….
Networker and Participator.
Leader and Mentor.
The New Power Women’s Network
As discussed in our online classes, there’s a New Power Women’s Network.
Why? Women = Money
In the “key stats” section of our online class we shared: that the Sheconomy is blazing. Thanks to things like:
- Women’s rights,
- education, and
- deteriorating social stigmas / stereotypes
Bottom line: Women are gaining power and influence
What role are you going to play in this burgeoning community.
And what’s we hear about mean girls?
Why didn’t we hear this about men? Or did we?
It’s all so confusing.
#1. Women: Neurologically designed to connect.
Dr. Louann Brizendine’s New York Times best seller, The Female Brain, tells us that from the time we’re babies we:
- Value relationships more than almost anything else.
- Can interpret social cues and alter our behavior depending on the reaction from people around us, starting as early as 18 months.
#2. The connection advantage
Women’s inherent ability to connect can be a major plus. The natural ability to reach out to others says, “I value you. I value your input.”
- Multi-faceted, rewarding relationships. Is Power Networking with allies part of your day? If not, why are you sacrificing rewarding professional and personal relationships. What is more important, and why?
- Sharing experiences. Experience sharing is a tool used by million-dollar entrepreneurs and top-level executives. Connecting offers this opportunity, over and over. It is also rooted in many cultural oral-history traditions right up through Facebook. Any way you look at it, connection is key. Are you doing it?
- Above and beyond – Can we eradicate the Mean Girl syndrome? Can you go above and beyond as a leader and – by reaching out – take a positive step versus a neutral or negative one. What is behind “Mean Girl Syndrome?” Is it a power struggle anchored in lack of confidence?
Related links / stuff:
Hot Mommas® = Dynamic Women
We increase confidence of Gen Y, Gen X, and beyond. We are the world’s LARGEST women’s case study library (HQed at the George Washington University School of Business, CFEE). We measurably increase confidence and success factors up to 200%.